Rules for Changeling Rituals
"The maidens had other plans for the two knights
They'd give them potions
And make them see dreams and lights"
-- Crash Test Dummies, "Two Knights and Maidens" from God Shuffled His Feet
All of the Attributes and Realm ratings are based off the levels of the individual caster.
Required to have the Art and all of the realms required for the cantrip.
Note: Each additional caster must spend a temorary point of Glamour.
Has Neither Art or Realms
- Adds 1 die to Primary Caster's roll.
Has Art but no Realms
- Roll applicable Attribute -1 (minimum of 1 die) and add to results of Primary Caster.
Does not have Art but has at least one Realm
- Roll highest Realm rating that applies -1 (minimum of 1 die) and add to results of Primary Caster.
Has both Art and (at least one applicable) Realm
- Roll applicable Attribute and highest Realm rating that applies -1 (minimum of 1 die) and add to results of Primary Caster.
Members of an Oathcircle
- Required to have the Art and at least one of the realms required for the cantrip.
- Same as Secondary Caster above except there are no -1 penalties.
Failing and Botching
All members of the ritual receive Banality as they would have if they had cast the cantrip by themselves (gaining one or two points of temporary Banality).
Countering the Cantrip (from within)
A secondary caster trying to thwart the attempt of the cantrip rolls their Banality (difficulty of the Primary Caster's Glamour) and counts successes against the total success of the cantrip. They then receive two temporary points of Banality.
If this person botches they count their 1's as successes for the cantrip. A failed roll will still cause the offending person to receive a temporary point of Banality.