New Art: Imagery
Based loosely off Art cards from Arcadia: The Wild Hunt and Arcadia: King Ironheart's Madness
by Otterpooka and Suentis Po
"Mirror, mirror, on the wall, who is the fairest of them all?"
-- Evil Queen, "Snow White and the Seven Dwarves"
Imagery is yet another reflection of the fae's mastery over manipulation of reality and perception. This is an Art of illusion, truth and the paradoxical connection they share. One of the many Arts lost to changeling society after the Sundering, recently rediscovered, it is still a rare Art.
With this cantrip, the caster can extract knowledge concerning the target that would relate to the caster. The caster must be able to see his own face (reflection, photo, etc.).
- 1 -- Cryptic general answer (Wrath / Inner beauty wins out)
- 2 -- Vague statement (Anger clouds judgement / The one with skin as white as snow, hair as black as night, and lips as red as the red rose)
- 3 -- Less confusing (In his anger he has forgotten his debt / You are fair, but Snow White is more so)
- 4 -- Clear answer (He is angry at you but due to your service he will not kill you / Snow White has an inner beauty that you do not)
- 5 -- Informative (but if your paths cross, he intends bodily harm / Snow White is not much more beautiful, but far more charming and charismatic)
This cantrip allows the target to blend in with it's surroundings, making it virtually invisible. Interacting with people, animals, and anything else sentient will cancel the cantrip. This includes casting cantrips. Can be used as a surprise attack, but the effect is then gone.
- 1 -- 1 turn
- 2 -- 1 minute
- 3 -- 1 hour
- 4 -- 1 day
- 5 -- 1 week
Type: Chimerical or Wyrd
This cantrip creates illusory objects, places, and people. They can be given clothes, weapons, and more, but they cannot talk or move. Illusions created with this cantrip don't have any substance or impact, just illusion. Unlike the Chicanery cantrip Fuddle, the illusions created with this cantrip are seen by any who are enchanted.
- Each success allows the illusion to stay for one day.
This cantrip allows the caster to see through mystical and mundane illusions, concealment, and false forms. They are able to sense fae mein/mortal seeming, true forms (shapeshifters), vampires with fangs, wraiths that are materialized, embodied, or otherwise, affecting the Skinlands (our world).
Note: This ability only allows the caster to see through the illusion, form, etc. It does not cancel any abilities, it only makes the caster immune to the effect.
Duration: 1 hour
- 1 -- sees through all Level One Arts, Gifts, Spheres, Disciplines, Numina; Detects fae mein/mortal seemings, chimera, and use of changeling Arts
- 2 -- sees through all Level Two Arts, Gifts, Spheres, Disciplines, Numina; Detects shapeshifters, quintessence, use of Gifts and Spheres, and the vampiric Disciplines: Mytherceria and Chimerstry
- 3 -- sees through all Level Three Arts, Gifts, Spheres, Disciplines, Numina; Detects Dauntain, Formori(ans), and the use of Banal Arts and Dark Arts
- 4 -- sees through all Level Four Arts, Gifts, Spheres, Disciplines, Numina; Detects magi and the use of Thaumaturgy and Daimoinin
- 5 -- sees through all Level Five Arts, Gifts, Spheres, Disciplines, Numina; Detects all supernaturals and their active abilities
This cantrip allows the caster to look like something or someone else. In addition, the mannerisms, strengths and weaknesses, and powers may be harnessed as well. These abilities replace any abilities of the same category that the caster possesses (Talents for Talents, Arts & Realms for Gifts, Birthrights & Frailties for Weaknesses & Vampiric Abilities, etc.).
Duration: One hour (plus an hour for each additional point of temporary Glamour spent)
- 1 -- Visual and voice duplicated
- 2 -- Total appearance (all senses) and Physical Attributes
- 3 -- Total appearance and mannerisms, all Physical and Social attributes
- 4 -- As above, in addition, caster gains all Talents and Skills
- 5 -- Spend a point of Glamour (permanent if the supernatural abilities are not fae). Gain all special abilities (up to the casters level of the primary Realm), advantages, disadvantages, Talents and Skills, and Physical and Social Attributes.
Note: Casters Glamour, Banality, and Willpower stay the same. The Arete of a mage would be used to cast spell effects. If expendature of a trait the changeling does not have (e.g. Blood, Rage, Gnosis, Quintessence, Pathos, etc) is required, the changelings Willpower or Glamour may substitute.
Bunks for this Art tend toward perceptive or deceptive actions, costumes, or words.
Level One --
- Masquerade -- Wear a mask over your face.
- Mr. Birdman -- Make circles around your eyes with your fingers.
Level Two --
- Spyglass -- Wear a monocle, opera glasses, jewelers loupe, etc.
Level Three --
- Warpaint -- Use garish make-up or a well-done disguise.
Level Four --
- Lookie, Lookie! -- Smash target in the face with a mirror.
Level Five --
- Secret Agent Man -- Study your target for a full day.