House Rules for
Werewolf: The Apocalypse
"Let's leave some blue up above us,
Leave some green on the ground.
It's only ours to borrow, let's save some for tomorrow.
Leave it and pass it on down."
-- Alabama, "Pass it on Down" from Pass it on Down
Ahuizotl -- Defenders of the Heart (Were-mustelids; my creation, not canon) - = - Ajaba -- Choosers of the Slain (Were-hyenas) - = - Ananasi -- Fangs of the Mother-Queen (Were-spiders) - = - Bastet -- Ten Tribes of Twilight (Were-cats) -- Bagheera -- Balam -- Bubasti -- Ceilican -- Khan -- Ocelotl -- Pumonca -- Qualmi -- Simba -- Swara - = - Corax -- Sun, Storm and Shadow (Were-ravens) - = - Garou (Were-wolves) - = - Gurahl -- Carrying the Wounds of the World (Were-bears) - = - Kitsune -- The Nine-tails (Were-foxes) - = - Mokole -- Keepers of Sun's Wisdom (Were-crocodilians) - = - Nagah (Were-snakes) - = - Nuwisha -- Laughter and Life (Were-coyotes) - = - Ratkin -- Summoning the Armies of the Apocalypse (Were-rats) - = - Rokea -- First-born of Sea (Were-sharks)
|Ajaba Form Bonuses|
As of Player's Guide to the Changing Breeds they "fixed" the Ajaba so that they are no longer considered to be the black sheep of the bastet family. They are instead roughly the African equivalent of the Grondr and Garou rolled into one. They seek out corruption, sickness and weakness and cull it from the "herd".
SPECIAL: Bite: Str +3, Lock Jaw*.
Use of Rage
As an option (instead of increasing his strength), a Gurahl spending a point of Rage will be immune to damage from the next hit he takes. This can only be done once per round.
This section will include errata, mechanics modifications, and new gifts.
Level One Gifts
Level Two Gifts
Slippery When Wet (Homid Kitsune Level Two) -- When this gift is activated, an area equal to the foxes' Gnosis in yards or meters becomes extremely slippery and any attempt to maintain balance and move becomes more difficult. This gift is taught by an ice spirit.
System: To activate the gift, roll of Wits + Survival (difficulty of the local Gauntlet). The successes on the roll counter successes to attempt to remain balanced and upright. Any attempt to move while maintaining balance is +2 difficulty. The Lupus Gift: Catfeet allows a shifter to be immune to this gift.
Bite of the Oni (Ju Fu Gift Level Two) -- Use of this gift allows an oragami to inflict aggravated damage. This gift is taught by a beetle spirit.
System: By spending a point of Rage and touching a box-style oragami the paper creation becomes a grenade to anyone other than the kitsune who creates it. This box will then deal 4 dice of aggravated damage to whomever touches it.
Level Three Gifts
Level Four Gifts
Level Five Gifts
This applies to Chatro and Feline (Bastet), or Crocus and Hyaenid (Ajaba) forms only. Once bite is established, they can lock their jaw and continue to do damage every round. Spending Rage will not increase the amount of damage that can be done in a round.
Background: Den Realm/Umbral Glade/Ananta (Revised)
Treating these backgrounds the same way you do totems for the garou, purchasing elements for an individual or small group umbral territory is made consistent and easy with the individual rules presented for each of the different versions taken into account. The number of background points determines how many points you get to spend adding capabilities to the basic abilities listed below:
Basic Abilities of an Umbral Realm:
- Stepping Sideways: Step into the realm with a Gauntlet of 4.
- Skipping: Standard Gnosis roll to skip from one area to another by "stepping" into an object and out of another object (objects do not need to be logically big enough to fit into). Can be done as many times per scene as the shifter has permanent Gnosis.
- Sensing: Perception + Den Realm is rolled to determine where and what act of violence or evil has transpired within the physical or spiritual boundaries of the realm.
- Size: Small House: approximately 50' x 50' room/building or 200' diameter open space (this can be downgraded to gain points)
- Tracking: A Fera always know instinctively the way to her realm.
- Transport: A Fera may transport one additional being with her to her Glade. There is no limit as to how many she may bring with her, but only one at a time.
- Moveable (NAGAH ONLY/MUST PURCHASE; Counts as 2): Ananta are moveable with whichever Nagah is currently the guardian.
- Replenish Gnosis (cost varies): One Gnosis replenished per day within the realm (this can be purchased more than once but cannot be increased over the rating of the Umbral Realm).
- Provides Nurishment (cost varies): One person can have three full meals a day in the realm (this can be purchased more than once but cannot be increased half the rating of the Umbral Realm round down).
- Inner Peace (cost varies; requires a Level 2 Umbral Realm): A certain appropriate ability is picked, for instance Enigmas or Meditation, upon creation of the realm. This realm is now attuned to this particular ability, and using it within the realm is -1 difficulty. Can be purchased more than once but cannot be increased over the rating of the Umbral Realm. Purchasing this ability more than once can apply to the same Ability (increasing the difficulty modifier) and/or to more than one ability. A maximum of -3 difficulty can be gained (per ability) in this way.
- Reduce or Increase the Gauntlet (cost varies): This ability raises the Gauntlet by 1 for strangers and enemies, or lowers the Gauntlet. Purchasing it twice to lower the Gauntlet removes the Gauntlet entirely allowing anyone to enter the Umbral Realm without a roll. Both forms can be purchased but the total cannot exceed the rating of the Umbral Realm.
- Size (cost varies): Increases the size of the Umbral Realm one level on the following table (Nagah Ananta are always rated as rooms):
- Closet (bonus 2 points): approximately 5' x 5' room or 20' diameter open space
- Room (bonus 1 point): approximately 15' x 15' room or 50' diameter open space
- Small House (base no cost or bonus): approximately 50' x 50' room/building or 200' diameter open space
- Large House (cost 1 point): approximately 150' x 150' room/building or 500' diameter open space
- Small Mansion (cost 2 points; requires a Level 2 Umbral Realm): approximately 300' x 300' room/building or 1000' diameter open space
- Large Mansion (cost 3 points; requires a Level 3 Umbral Realm): approximately 500' x 500' room/building or one mile diameter open space
- Castle (cost 4 points; requires a Level 4 Umbral Realm): approximately 1000' x 1000' room/building or three miles diameter open space
- Compound (cost 5 points; requires a Level 5 Umbral Realm): approximately 2000' x 2000' room/building or five miles diameter open space
- Hamlet (cost 6 points): approximately 3000' x 3000' room/building or 10 miles diameter open space
- Village (cost 7 points): approximately 5000' x 5000' room/building or 20 miles diameter open space
- Increased Transport (cost varies): For each point spent, an additional person can be brought in to your Umbral Realm at a time.
- Additional Amenities by Storyteller decision.