Changing Breed: Mokole
" ... " -- ..., "..."
Background: Mnesis Revisited
Mnesis is the race memory of the Mokole. I am adding two new qualifiers for the individual levels based on the length of time: Memory quality and how well known the event is.
|Mokole Background: Mnesis (Revised)|
|100 years||1000 years||12,000 years||60 million years||240 million years|
|Faint / Great|
|Fuzzy / Important||Faint / Great|
|Vague / Noted||Fuzzy / Important||Faint / Great|
|Clear / Most||Vague / Noted||Fuzzy / Important||Faint / Great|
|Vivid / All||Clear / Most||Vague / Noted||Fuzzy / Important||Faint / Great|
This section will include errata, mechanics modifications, and new gifts.
Level One Gifts
Become Log (Shrouded Sun Gift; errata) -- As the Midnight Sun Gift.
Level Two Gifts
Level Three Gifts
Bark of the Mudpuppy (General Gift Level Three; modified) -- This gift as written in the book is either very poorly defined or underpowered for a level three gift (do 1 point of aggravated damage if you have nothing better to do). Below is my modification.
System: Works on any target within line of sight and affects them and everything within their reach (but not any additional living targets). If used on an inanimate object, it works on it and everything withing 5 feet of the center of the object. Cost: 1 point of rage.
Therapsid's Legacy (General Gift Level Three; NEW!) -- Provides the mokole with a fourth form roughly analogous to the garou's glabro form. This form stands approximately seven to eight feet tall (or long plus tail if Upright Walking is not selected), two to three times human weight, and is generally more accurately discribed as a "lizard-man" and is allowed archid characteristics identical to the archid form or anything reasonably between it and homid form.
System: The therapsid form consists of four Archid form characteristics with Grasping Hands and/or Upright Walking being at least one of them. Keeping an archid characteristic that provides dice or a bonus as a "half-selection" is doable if the bonus / dice are halved (round up). See below:
|Therapsid's Legacy Form Bonuses (Mokole)|
|Therapsid||+2||+1||+2||-2||-2||Str+1 L||Str L||Str +1 B|
Half-point Archid Characteristics:
- Armor -- one extra soak die.
- Binocular Vision -- -1 difficulty to all sight-related tasks.
- Feathers -- +1 Appearance (maximum 3).
- Fiery Pearl -- Two extra dice on Intimidation rolls versus vampires, formori, etc.
- Food Storage -- The Mokole can live for one month per point of Stamina without eating anything.
- Hard Skull -- Two extra dice to soak damage to the head, and one extra die of damage on head butt attacks.
- Horn -- Strength +2 head butt (lethal).
- Huge Size -- The Mokole is up to three feet taller/longer and four to five times the weight of their homid form. They receive one extra dot of Stamina and one extra damage die to Body Slam or Overbear maneuvers. This does not hinder attempts to use Stealth.
- Long Teeth -- Bite does aggravated instead of lethal damage.
- Neck Frill -- One extra soak die against frontal attacks.
- Royal Crest -- +1 die to any Social rolls involving Mokole and Nagah.
- Tail Blades/Spikes -- Damage equal to strength (aggravated).
- Tail Club -- Str +1 (lethal).
- Terrible Claws -- Claws do aggravated instead of lethal damage.
- Thorns -- Deals one level of aggravated damage to anyone striking the Mokole bare-handed.
Unlikely Archid Form Characteristics: Constricting Coils, Extra Limbs (no more than one set), Huge Size (special: see half-point characteristic), Long Neck, Sacral Plexus (not big enough to really benefit).